Friday, October 7, 2011

II just wanted to give everyone a quick update to let you know I am alive and well.  I have been in Addis Ababa for 2 full days.  It reminds me of other big cities in developing countries that I have visited.  It smells a bit peculiar, and there are tons of half finished sky scrapers all over the place.  The plane ride over here was long but as enjoyable as a plane ride could be.  They even served wine and after dinner drinks complimentary.   I went for a run today, and apparently they don't like short shorts much.  I got a lot of really strange looks, and one guy even cheered me on a bit.  There are also tons of guys in blue camo with AK's walking around.  An interesting cultural fact involves the men in Ethiopia.  It common practice for men to hold hands in public, fondle each others facial hair, and even rest a hand on each others inner thigh.  Apparently its completely platonic. It better be, becuase Homosexuality is outright illegal, and being discovered can lead to beatings and jail time. Got to go do some yoga, but here are some addresses you might want in case a letter or care package is in my future. Don't forget to write "Air Mail" on all packages and letters.

Letters:

Wayne Ciullo
P.O. Box 7788
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Packages:

Wayne Ciullo
US Peace Corps
P.O. Box 7788
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

No comments:

Post a Comment